Innovation and highly trained staff. Banner Health leaders can access the staff and resources they need to bring their vision to life. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Health.
At Banner University Medical Center, there will be exciting opportunities to be a part of the health care transformation. We are known nationally as an innovative leader in new health care models, the only Level 1 Trauma and Academic Medical Center in Southern Arizona and are on the cutting edge of medical advances. You will work alongside a group of dedicated physicians and staff that perform some of the most state-of-the-art procedures that exist anywhere in the country.
Banner University Medical Center is seeking a Housekeeping Environmental Services Supervisor. As an EVS Supervisor, you will provide leadership and training for Environmental Services associates, while working as a contributing member of the EVS Associate team. This position requires the skills, knowledge and abilities typically gained over three or more years of diversified healthcare or similar institutional Environmental Services experience, including extensive knowledge of leadership, staff training, customer service, computerized staffing and inventory principles and practices. Must have a thorough working knowledge of floor care maintenance (hard floors and carpets) and the machinery and chemicals used as well. Our Housekeeping EVS team is a very important part of our hospital. If you want to be part of a great team that makes a difference in the lives of our patients apply today for this opportunity.
Shift Details: Full-time: 40 Hours/Week | Evening Shift Weekend rotations are required in this role. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Center South Banner - University Medical Center South is a comprehensive medical center that includes an Emergency department, a state-designated trauma center and a Behavioral Health Pavilion. We are an Arizona Department of Health Services-accredited Cardiac Receiving Center and a Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders-designated senior-friendly hospital. The hospital is staffed by physicians who are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson and is managed by Banner Health under an operating agreement with Pima County. Our specialty services include inpatient and outpatient behavioral health, treatment and education for diabetes, innovative geriatrics care and comprehensive orthopedics.
POSITION SUMMARY This position supervises operational, technical, and personnel activities associated with Environmental Services. Manages department use of labor, supplies, vendors, inventory levels and other controllables within budget guidelines while assuring optimal service to all clinical and non-clinical departments within the hospital/facility.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Supervises all Environmental Services personnel and daily work in assigned areas throughout medical center campuses and other associated buildings in an effective, efficient manner that enhances service levels while providing appropriate control of expense budgets, staffing and the effectual resolution of interdepartmental and personnel problems. Processes and maintains records of accounts payable, supplies received, equipment maintenance, and other department business.
2. Maintains a competent and motivated staff through appropriate selection, scheduling, training, coaching, evaluating, and terminating of personnel. Maintains department records relating to personnel matters and in-service education.
3. Performs daily patient rounding and inspection of assigned areas to assure hospital standards for cleanliness are met. Works in conjunction with infection control department to meet all standards. Provides education and ensures staff compliance with all hospital safety and regulatory guidelines.
4. Schedules special projects and monitors equipment and furniture moves for all hospital departments; tracks inventories and movements in computer software program. Coordinates services for major housekeeping requests, such as construction planning, event planning, and all emergency-related facility responses.
5. Works with patients, nurses, physicians, department leaders and other professional and non-professional staff members regarding environmental services requests, infection prevention, service resolution opportunities, and other interdepartmental matters. Provides timely follow-up for information to requesting departments. Communicates and consults with management in other facilities on best practices.
6. Makes recommendations, devises, plans and implements, procedures, and enforces department policies and procedures in conjunction with leadership. May perform the functions of the staff.
7. Departmental/facility responsibility. Internal customers are other staff, physicians, patients, visitors, managers, and executives. External customers are patients, visitors, vendors, other company facilities, and non-company medical facilities. This position provides input and has involvement in system/facility taskforce/committees.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Some facilities or departments, depending on business need, may require proof of a valid driver's license and eligibility for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
Requires the skills, knowledge and abilities typically gained over three or more years of diversified healthcare or similar institutional Environmental Services experience, including extensive knowledge of leadership, staff training, customer service, computerized staffing and inventory principles and practices. Effective organizational, communication, and human relations skills are necessary. Must have a thorough working knowledge of floor care maintenance (hard floors and carpets) and the machinery and chemicals used. Must demonstrate thorough knowledge of patient care area and room cleaning, as well as surgical suite terminal cleaning as defined by established standards. Must possess knowledge of hazardous waste procedures and regulations, Standard Precautions, and JCAHO standards on Infection Control and Environment of Care. The ability to research and compile statistical reports and to compute basic mathematical calculations is essential.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Two or more years of experience at a supervisory level is preferred. Intermediate word processing, spreadsheet and/or database software skills are preferred. Previous successful experience conducting job training, and focus on continual quality and service improvement is strongly preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R4022
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.