This position will serve as the senior administrative assistant for Pediatrics Psychology Division and Pediatric Outreach Medicine Division. We are looking for an individual with an outgoing personality who is customer serviced focused with strong written and oral communication skills. The individual will report jointly to the Division Director and Administrative Officers. This individual will provide key stakeholders with a wide range of support, including assistance and management in administration, HR, faculty recruiting, financial reporting, website maintenance, special events, and any ad hoc project.
Welcome to the Division of Pediatric Psychology at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. We are the newest division in the Department or Pediatrics, starting July 2021. Our group includes pediatric psychologists and researchers working across a variety of clinical settings, including diabetes, oncology, inpatient hospital services, cystic fibrosis, gastroenterology, and the transplant team.
Our division provides an academic and administrative home for the psychologists in the Department, who have unique needs for continuing education, credentialing, and billing/coding. Our goal is to continue to expand behavioral health services across the Children's enterprise and provide a teaching and training community for pediatric psychology.
Pediatric psychologists play a critical role in delivering exceptional care to children who experience chronic or acute medical issues and their families. Our expert clinicians specialize in providing assessment, intervention, and consultation services to children who need help adjusting to a diagnosis (e.g. cancer), adhering to treatments (e.g. diabetes regimens), and managing challenges around complex and painful procedures (e.g. surgery). Children in pediatric care and their caregivers often experience high levels of stress, depression, and anxiety, and pediatric psychologists proactively support children and families to promote optimal coping and support children's emotional health during treatment. Pediatric psychologists are experts in health behavior change, and psychological support has been demonstrated to enhance both disease and mental health outcomes.
Full Time/Non-Exempt Position
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
* Work with Administrators to manage operations for centers. * Create reimbursement requests for Faculty and Faculty Candidates. Submit to appropriate signature authority for processing (i.e. purchase requisitions, check requests, travel reimbursements). * Track Faculty Continuing Medical Education funds to ensure adherence to allotted budgets.
* Track Faculty certifications to ensure all stay up-to-date. Provide Faculty with notifications when licensures are close to expiring. * Assist with the completion of reappointment documents for Faculty. Liaison to credentialing department to ensure continuation of privileges. * Coordinate faculty/staff candidate visits, which include scheduling flights and lodging, creating interview itinerary using internal faculty members' calendars, and reimbursement requests. * Onboard new Faculty based on Department/Division guidelines and requirements.
* Manage Faculty calendars through Outlook. * Coordinate Division meetings. * Coordinate schedules for meetings requested by Faculty or other departments. Liaison with multiple. departments to complete the scheduling process and effectively communicate dates/times/locations to all attendees and administrative staff involved. * Maintain Faculty personnel files. * Manage office supplies. * Liaison with IT, Procurement, Office of Faculty Affairs and other departments to ensure requests/needs are met. * On an as-needed basis, interpret policies and procedures in daily operations. * Maintain provider schedules and Provider Time Away System at all locations. * Complete ad hoc projects as requested by faculty and administrators.
* Assist with Faculty Biosketches * Assist with Faculty Other Support documents
Organizational Impact: Performs non-routine tasks that significantly impact team's performance with minimal guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Conducts research and analysis to solve some non-routine problems.
Breadth of Knowledge: Applies broad job knowledge and has basic job skills in other areas.
Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to less experienced team members.
High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent experience) and 4 years relevant experience.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.