Location: Suffern, New York
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Salary Range: $62.23-$73.05/hr
We are seeking a Physician Assistant to join the OB/GYN at Westchester Medical Center in Rockland and Orange Counties, New York. This is a unique position that would provide support for the providers in the department in both the office and hospital setting. The candidate would provide outpatient care for pregnant patients and for women seeking both routine and urgent gynecological care. The candidate would provide first-assist surgical care in the hospital and ambulatory setting. With the physician and physician assistant (PA) relationship, PAs exercise autonomy in medical decision making and provide a broad range of diagnostic and therapeutic services. Other responsibilities would include participating and contributing to the growth of the entire women's health program.
- Medical knowledge and understanding of pathophysiology, patient presentation, differential diagnosis, patient management, surgical principles, health promotion and disease prevention.
- Manage general medical conditions and chronic conditions.
- Identify the appropriate site of care for presenting conditions, including identifying emergent cases that require inpatient admission versus outpatient management.
- Order diagnostic testing, blood work, imaging studies.
- Review blood work results, notify patients of results in a timely manner
- Recognize concerns that require changes in patient management such as increased frequency in maternal / fetal testing or follow -ups ( New onset DM, IUGR)
- Differentiate between the normal and abnormal findings in anatomic, physiological, laboratory and other diagnostic data.
- Perform office based procedures and examinations.
- Be familiar with electronic ordering of medications, diabetic supplies or any other equipment as needed.
- Assist attending's in reviewing and answering patient phone calls and messages
- Feedback to referring physicians as needed
- Identify appropriate interventions for prevention of conditions.
Four years of health care experience prior to applying to Physician Assistant program, plus one year of experience as Physician Assistant, required.
Master's Degree from an accredited PA program, required.
Licenses / Certifications:
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) must be obtained prior to first day of employment, required.
- Current New York State Physician Assistant license, required.
- Current BLS certification is required
Must be able to travel to multiple locations throughout the network, required.
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC