Location: Twin Falls, Idaho
***SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE***
St. Luke's Health System in Twin Falls is seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse to join our Med/Surg team.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for identifying and reporting patient needs through data collection, planning, intervention and evaluation and delivery of appropriate care according to nursing standards and professional practice as outlined by the nurse practice act for LPNs. Collection of data is via interview, observation, auscultation and palpation. Through documentation and oral communication, essential information is shared with health care team members and other customers common to the unit/area(s) of assignment.
- 0.9 FTE (72 hours/pay period) DAYS and NIGHTS
- 3, 12 hour shifts (7:00 - 7:30)
TO PROVIDE HIGHLY RELIABLE PATIENT CARE IN A SAFE, COMPASSIONATE AND RESPECTFUL ENVIRONMENT Medical has 26 private rooms, our primary patient population includes a little of everything! Including diabetes, sepsis, pancreatitis, GI bleeds, small bowel obstructions, pneumonia, alcohol withdrawal,substance abuse disorders, wounds/abscess/cellulitis and many others. We also take overflow from our sister units, Cardiopulmonary and Surgical.* Nurse Ratio: 1:5 (1:4 with high acuity)* CNA Ratio: 1:8* Telehealth Nurse Support in Every Room* EKG Monitoring
STAFF OPPORTUNITIES:Fellowship/Residency: St Luke's offers a new grad residency program (STAR) and Bootcamp for all our new grads. These programs will help our new grads gain the skills needed to build confidence and proficiency.Professional Growth: We are invested in your personal growth. The medical floor provides an amazing opportunity for you to gain a strong foundation in nursing and to apply all of your skills and knowledge in a safe supportive environment.
STAFF ENGAGEMENTWe pride our selves on teamwork. We are always striving to create a supportive culture for new graduate and experienced nurses alike.
We have a staff meditation room available that allows staff a place to get away and recharge (With Massage Chair) Self care is a priority.
- Provide and document direct and individualized nursing care to patients based on the application of scientific nursing principles.
- Perform medical procedures within scope.
- Assists physicians and performs healthcare services to patients in hospitals, private homes, clinics, and other healthcare facilities.
- Identifies and reports patient care needs through data collection, planning, intervention and evaluation.
- Identifies patient need for education and provides approved hospital education materials.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Graduation from a Licensed Practical Nursing program
- Experience: 0 years' experience
- Licenses/Certifications: Current Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) licensure in the State of Practice and Current BLS-CPR Certification
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
For more information, please contact Jenn Sturman at firstname.lastname@example.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.