Licensed Master Social Worker
Pediatric Diabetes and Neurology
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus
Provides psychosocial assessment of and brief targeted intervention for social, emotional and environmental issues that impact client/family's ability to optimally benefit from care. Actively collaborates with team to meet patient care management and system improvement goals. Represents the Social Work department on institutional and community committees/task forces. Provides leadership for department committees/workgroups. Contributes to the plan of care with knowledge of population specific needs as it relates to the identification of patient psychosocial needs.
- Master's Degree (or equivalent experience)
- < 1 year relevant experience
- Licensed Master Social Worker Required
Additional Qualification Information:
- Must hold a current Tennessee Social Work License. Candidates who have recently graduated from an accredited Graduate School of Social Work or have moved to TN with another State's Master Social Work license are allowed a provision to obtain licensure from the TN State Board within six (6) months of hire date.
With more than 500 physicians trained in 30 pediatric and surgical specialties, we're equipped to handle any issue a child may face--from the simple to the complex. The hospital offers comprehensive services for everything from cancer, transplant, trauma, and sickle cell disease, to developmental disorders, ENT, general surgery and others. Featuring Centers of Excellence for the treatment of diabetes and congenital heart disorders, Children's Hospital is also home to the highest level NICU in the state and serves as Nashville's Comprehensive Regional Pediatric Center.
- Maintains professional documentation which meets department and VUMC standards as it relates to compliance.
- Provides brief targeted interventions for identified clients.
- Completes psychosocial assessment and assists team with the development of the plan of care.
- Provides education and or consultation to clients and families, treatment team and community.
- Contributes to the organization by actively participating in process improvement initiatives and shared decision making.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
Sign-On Bonus Requirements:
The sign-on bonus is not applicable to current VUMC staff or former staff who have worked for VUMC in the past twelve months.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery, and patient care, VUMC is a community of diverse individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and where your diversity of culture, thinking, learning, and leading is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and to the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action. EOE/AA/Women/Minority/Vets/Disabled
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
- Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
- Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
- The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows.
- Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
- National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement.
- Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.