Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.
Maternal Fetal Medicine, High Risk/Complicated Pregnancies
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of high risk or complicated pregnancies. This includes management of gestational and pregestational diabetes, hypertensive disorders, and other medical disorders that can cause the pregnancy to be complicated.
- Consultative service
- Interpretation of obstetrical ultrasounds.
- Performance and interpretation of antenatal testing.
- Outpatient preconception and antenatal consultations.
- Inpatient consultations and care of antepartum patients.
- Perform prenatal diagnostic procedures including amniocentesis.
- Perform cervical cerclage procedures.
- Participate in departmental and hospital meetings to include quality and safety initiatives.
- Education and supervision of medical students.
- Use EPIC and Viewpoint medical record systems (training provided).
- Share on-call coverage with other MFM provider(s).
- MD., DO. Degree
- BC/BE OB/GYN
- BC/BE Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Fellowship trained in Accredited United States MFM Fellowship Program
- Sub-specialty Board certification in Maternal Fetal Medicine or board eligible
- Current, unrestricted, Virginia State license or eligible for Virginia licensure
- Current BLS and NRP for Healthcare Providers certification by the American Heart Association
About Mary Washington Healthcare:
Mary Washington Healthcare is a non-profit regional system consisting of two hospitals (571 beds), three emergency departments and over 50 healthcare facilities. serving patients and communities across the greater Fredericksburg Region. We promote a culture of acceptance and innovation where you truly can "Be Heard". In 2023 we will be hosting our first residents as we work toward our Residency Program.
The Fredericksburg region includes four counties (Caroline, King George, Spotsylvania, and Stafford) and the City of Fredericksburg, and is ideally located 50 miles south of Washington DC and 50 miles north of the Capital of Virginia, Richmond and is accessible to major cities and markets along the East Coast and the global marketplace. With a population of 338,000, the area has been designated Virginia's fastest growing for five consecutive years
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.