Location: Nampa, Idaho
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
St. Luke's is seeking a Physician Assistant to join our new and collegial, multi-disciplinary team in Nampa, ID, to work in collaboration with a team of other providers and staff.
ABOUT THE CLINIC:
The S. Nampa Clinic will use consumer insights to shape the care environment; therefore, a flexible mindset to adapt to consumer needs and preferences is required. The clinic is open 7 days a week (M-F 7:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.; Sa-Su 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.), and is comprised of one clinical team that:
- Serves pediatric, adult, and senior populations.
- Provides front door care to include wellness, acute, behavioral health, diagnostics, and pharmacy.
- Ensures workflows and cross-training is built to minimize transitions during care.
- Observes, captures, and applies insight and findings from our consumer, the community clinic, comparable clinics, and other markets and consumers to recommend explorative studies and/or new standards.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- You will work in a different model of primary care that evolves with the market and consumer needs.
- You will work in Nampa, Idaho.
- You will be a member of a care team focused on providing comprehensive patient care.
- management of acute health issues such as bladder or respiratory infections, abdominal or back pain, cuts, and sprains.
- chronic health problems such as diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma, depression, and high cholesterol.
- preventive care including birth control, pap smears, immunizations, diabetes education, and coordination of appropriate screening tests; and
- acute care not requiring emergency room visit.
- Patient care services include but are not limited to:
- You will assist with the development, refinement, and enhancement of clinical programs, initiatives, processes, policies, workflows, and projects. Expect collaboration, shared decision making, and partnership with care team members.
- You will perform episodic urgent medical care and/or telephone calls to ensure timely and appropriate medical care to avoid emergency department visit or hospitalization.
- You will perform post-discharge outreach to decrease risk of readmission.
- You will assess cases presented to you utilizing your clinical competencies, prioritize patient needs.
- You will interface with specialists to facilitate collaboration in service of our patients and promote shared decision making.
- You will utilize our EMR (EPIC) to collect data, document patient interactions in the field, organize information, track tasks, and communicate with your team, patients, and community resources.
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Graduation from an accredited school with a minimum of a Master's Degree and certification, as required by the specialty, as well as eligibility to obtain licensure from Idaho to practice.
- Active DEA Controlled Substance Registration or eligible for application.
- Certified in Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
- Maintenance of professional credentialing and CME standards.
- Proven skills, knowledge base, and judgment necessary for independent clinical decision-making.
- You are an adaptable organized, efficient, independent self-starter and problem-solver, a leader, a strategic thinker, and a mentor, who is excited about the big picture of whole community health.
- You are excited about how technology can support your work and help drive the ongoing evaluation toward new and better care.
- Have proficient experience using and navigating an EMR.
WHY ST. LUKE'S?
St. Luke's is Idaho's largest employer and most awarded health system, with a medical staff of over 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. Made up of eight hospitals around central and southern Idaho, we are proud to be the only locally owned and operated, physician-led, not-for-profit health system in the state. St. Luke's has been awarded as one of the Top 15 Health Systems in the country for the sixth consecutive year, designated by IBM Watson Health Analytics. We are committed to providing high quality patient care and positively impacting the lives of those in our community. St. Luke's enjoys an outstanding reputation as both a quality employer and a superior healthcare organization.
Known as the "City of Trees," Boise is Idaho's capital city--both a cultural center and a playground for those who love the outdoors. Boise is located on the Boise river in southwestern Idaho. A vibrant downtown area affords fine dining, theatre, music, and college and semi-professional sports. Downtown Boise's main attractions include the Idaho State Capitol, the classic Egyptian Theatre, the Boise Art Museum, Julia Davis Park and Zoo Boise. The Greenbelt follows the beautiful Boise River corridor for more than 30 miles, and the Boise foothills are home to miles of hiking and biking trails.
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.