Location: Akron, Ohio
Ohio based Akron Children's Hospital seeks a Pediatric Nephrologist to join its expanding care team. Akron Children's Hospital is the largest pediatric healthcare system in Northeast Ohio and was recently named by Modern Healthcare as the fastest growing children's hospital in the nation!
This integrated healthcare system includes:
* Two free-standing pediatric hospitals
* 1,000+ providers who managed over 1.3 million visits in 2022
* A network of 50+ primary and specialty care locations
* Robust research and innovation endeavors
The successful candidate will join an established team of four pediatric nephrologists who diagnose and treat children and teens with kidney and kidney-related diseases, including high blood pressure, urinary tract infection, nephrotic syndrome, glomerulonephritis, kidney stone formation, pheresis services, kidney failure as well as pre and post-transplant care. We also have a kidney dialysis and renal care center for children and teens whose kidneys have failed.
This position offers opportunities for:
* Partnership with an established team of providers affording exceptional work-life balance
* A predictable and stable compensation plan as well as bonus compensation
* A comprehensive benefit package
* Research and innovation available through Rebecca D. Considine Research Institute, local universities and clinical trials
* Active involvement in medical student and resident education academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University is
available and commensurate with experience
Requirements include board eligibility/certification in Pediatric Nephrology, and the ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Ohio.
Akron Children's Hospital is set in the beautiful Cuyahoga Valley, just minutes south of Cleveland. From major league attractions to small-town appeal, the greater Akron area has something for everyone. The area is rich in history and cultural diversity, and provides a stimulating blend of outstanding educational, cultural and recreational resources. This four-season community will have outdoor enthusiasts thrilled with over 35,000 acres of Metro Parks for year-round enjoyment. Northeast Ohio has become a premiere destination to work, live, play, shop and dine!
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: