Dignity Health Medical Group - Arizona is actively seeking a highly patient-centric physician to serve as a colleague in the Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology - DHMG in the Department of Womens Health, Obstetrics & Gynecology at St. Josephs Hospital in Phoenix, Arizona.
Located conveniently in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center is a Regional Perinatal Center providing Level 4 Obstetrical Care, approximately 5000 deliveries/year, housing nationally ranked and internationally renowned neurology/neurosurgery, and high-performing heart and lung transplantation services, and a level 1 trauma center. The Level IV NICU has over 60 approved beds and ECHMO. The Division partners with Phoenix Children's Hospital which is the fifth largest Children's Hospital in the country and nationally ranked in all 10 sub-subspecialty areas evaluated by US News and World Report.
Through the Creighton University School of Medicine (CUSOM), the DHMG Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology will continue to provide educational enhancement to medical students who rotate through the St. Josephs Hospital campus. St. Josephs Hospital currently provides educational instruction to 40 OBGYN residents. In addition to our unique opportunity to partner with CUSOM in shaping the future of medicine.
- MD or DO Degree and Active Board Certification or Board Eligible
- Must have or be eligible for Arizona State medical licensure
- Completed ACGME Residency training
- Ability to achieve full and unrestricted hospital privileges at Dignity Health Arizona hospitals
- Is a team-oriented provider that is passionate about providing quality care and furthering the healing ministry, while serving the poor and under privileged
EEO No J1 Visas
- Full scope OBGYN services including: deliveries, antepartum and intrapartum care. Along with annual examinations, gynecological surgery, contraceptive care and hormonal replacement.
- Candidates should be interested in educating residents, rotating residents and medical students
- Research or similar academic activities are encouraged
- Call shifts are distributed equally among 10 physicians
- This position can be hospitalist/nocturnist or a traditional generalist
What We Offer:
- Full-time or part-time position to join our tenure track or non-tenure clinical track. Academic rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Full support and clinical integration with our Divisions of MFM/Advanced Gynecology/Patient Safety and Quality and Gynecological Oncology
- Genetic counseling services on-site
- Certified diabetic educator on-site
- Neonatal care is provided at our Level IV NICU staffed by Neonatologists from the Phoenix Children's Hospital.
- Support of Pediatric Cardiologists and all sub-specialists from Phoenix Children's Hospital
- Level IV maternal level of care services with medical transfers from around the Arizona Region.
- Multi-disciplinary and consultative services to Phoenix Children's Hospital for all Pediatric Subspecialists
- Competitive salary and benefits with sign on bonus and relocation costs
- Physicians dedicated to work-life balance and a commitment to address physician well-being
- RN coordinators and fully dedicated office/support staff
- Employed physician model - Physician Lead
- Competitive salary, benefits & a matched 403B retirement package inclusive of an employer funded pension plan
- Integrated medical group with one EMR for both the acute and ambulatory environments
- New, full medical school opening in 2021 with expanded academic research opportunities
- Creighton University Medical School will offer an expanded residency and new fellowship program with 2,000 learners
Dignity Health, one of the largest healthcare systems in the nation, is a growing organization with well-resourced, modern facilities and diverse practice opportunities. With more than 39 acute care hospitals in three states and 9,000 physicians, Dignity Health touches the lives of thousands of people and provides nearly $2 billion in charity care to the communities it serves.
Dignity Health Medical Group is the employed physician group serving the Arizona Service Area. Covering over 45 practice sites, complementing clinical services with translational and bench research, our integrated medical group employs in excess of 250 healthcare providers throughout the valley. Dignity Health Medical Group is continuously expanding in order to meet the needs of the growing patient population in Arizona. With a unified vision of becoming an organization where physicians, care teams and staff come to do their best work--and patients come for the best care--Dignity Health Medical Group is searching for exceptional talent that is patient focused and team-oriented, who can become a part of our mission-driven organization.
Like its legendary namesake rising out of the ashes, the greater Phoenix area has emerged as one of the bright metropolitan areas of the 21st century. The Phoenix area encompasses more than 20 incorporated cities, including Glendale, Scottsdale, Tempe, and Mesa, and all serve as a timeless Southwestern backdrop to the spirit of Puebloans, cowboys, miners, and visionaries. Recently, the Census Bureau named Arizonas Maricopa County, which includes the greater Phoenix metro area, the county with the nations highest annual population growth. Home to more than 4 million residents where everyone has a sunny disposition, the Phoenix area also ranks as the sixth-largest city in the United States. Phoenix is a premier destination offering the best of both worlds: a growing and diverse economy and a great place to live with more than 300 sun-filled days a year and an almost endless supply of attractions including:
- 189 city parks, 33,000 acres of desert preserves, and 200 miles of trails
- Host to MLB Spring Training and the annual Fiesta Bowl
- Home of the Phoenix Open and 200 golf courses
- Professional sports teams including the Arizona Diamondbacks and the Arizona Cardinals.
- Host to 5 Fortune 500 company headquarters
- The Best Mexican Food North of the Border
- Affordable housing and cost of living
- A family-friendly area, with the Childrens Museum of Phoenix, ample youth sports and athletic leagues, the Challenger Space Center Arizona, a wide variety of school options, including public, private, magnet, and charter, the Phoenix Zoo, large water parks, SEA LIFE Arizona, and many more!
The Phoenix area is also a destination for people from all over the world to receive outstanding healthcare. This is particularly true of Dignity Healths St. Josephs Hospital and Medical Center - home to the world-renown Barrow Neurological Institute and The Norton Thoracic Institute - #1 lung transplant program in the U.S. - as well as many other world-class healthcare services and teaching programs.
CommonSpirit Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.